A project blog would be amazing

Thanks @Caliga. I reviewed the blogpost that you have referred to. And read the comments and the posting on the Librem 5’s appeal.

As for my phone, I have been saddled with a Vzw S5 that has a locked bootloader, so haven’t had success rooting and replacing the OS with Odin etc. But I am so ready to have a more privacy minded phone… And am grateful to have multiple OS choices on the horizon.

Between my provider, the phone manufacturer and the bloatware crippled OS… There are walls everywhere. Walls without Windows… But walls without doors.

Am so glad to see how people with expertise I don’t have, and with interest in change, are rallying together to make a more ideal future possible.

if the Librem didn’t have useable navigation software… I suppose that I could get by for navigation (without traffic status) even by using an old Android with downloaded maps for offline use. Easy enough.

As for Android apps… I can live without them… Even my beloved Poweramp and Textra.

Thanks for answering *with such details on the technical aspects of Google compatibility.
Cheers.
(edited for a misspelling *)