Address Book problem

For some reason all locales were erased (I have no idea how this happened). I regenerated locales including el_GR.UTF-8 and switched again: LC_TELEPHONE=el_GR.UTF-8
Now things work but it does not solve the problem. Dialing 2101234567 from the address book it dials +12101234567
LC_TELEPHONE in el_GR.UTF-8 file is correct (it adds 30). But the address book sends +1 to the Call application.

I am not setting LC_TELEPHONE.

My copy of the above file says:

#  File generated by update-locale
LANG=en_AU.UTF-8

That’s it.

So straight off, I wouldn’t be editing the file at all. I would be switching locale using the appropriate command.

I have the feeling that if you set LANG but none of the other LC variables then the LC variables will default as per the LANG. It still may be valid to set LC variables independently of LANG (in order to override selectively) but it may also be unnecessarily complicated.

I can not make it work. The chat app has the same type of automatism with the address book and there it works as expected. So in the chat app if I type 2101234567 and press the + button on its screen to type an SMS, it auto corrects the previous number to +302101234567.

but the address book insists on adding +1 instead of +30. I will file a bug report (if I find the link to the project…)

1 Like

Maybe this: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/calls/-/issues/167 or other issues linked from it is relevant.

If you are running amber then perhaps some (or even many) issues will go away once byzantium is released.

So it turns out that this IS a bug. I was informed by the developers that it is patched and it will appear soon in byzantium. The sad thing is that I am in amber. But I am afraid to switch to byzantium since I hear people complaining for problems with wifi.

1 Like