Android background activity, connecting to WiFi, recorded with Pi-Hole

In the /e/ community forums, I found an Xperia XZ1 Compact thread with builds and linked instructions provided by one of the developers, so I took the plunge and installed /e/ very easily. I’m setting everything up now to my liking, and apart from some initial issues with keeping my LTE connection, everything now seems to be working great. (Not sure I like Bliss launcher, though. I may try a different one later.)

Thank you for the encouragement and inspiration. It’s nice to be free from Google’s tentacles on this device! It will do nicely until I can transition fully to the Librem 5 (pending voLTE, a world modem, better battery life, etc.)

1 Like

That’s great, congratulations! I know I don’t run my /e/ phone completely free of Google, but what interaction I have with it is much more of a choice now, and having that choice is important.

One of my favorite apps (somewhat? related to the topic of this post) is called WebApps (on F-droid), which gives you sandbox-like control of snoopy web services.

I didn’t care for Bliss launcher either – reminded me too much of my one iPhone. There are, of course, many alternative launchers in F-Droid and Aurora.

2 Likes