Android sandbox is needed more than apps fund, that's why

Yes you are very offtopic…

Coming back to the topic, i don’t know where you live, but there are certain mandatory apps that do not have a browser alternative, and you just MUST use. That’s the point and the issue i’m try to talking about

Phone banking, do they also have a list of three or four “security questions” ?

In my place (Poland) government imposes* mandatory apps, unless one does not have compatible smartphone. Those apps are outright disrespectful, overzealous, and poorly, hastily written. Basically aggressive surveillance agents under the pretense of something marginally useful. I do not wish to have a compatible smartphone. I’d rather walk half of China.

So I’m not so eager for the anbox. For me, the only use for it would be an occasional rental of city bikes.

* Our govenrment at the moment can’t do anything properly, so the imposition is not effective. Still it is less hassle to demonstrate incompatible phone, then to go to court and win after few years.

2 Likes

Not “my” bank here in Germany (Sparda Bank). For phone banking you use your account number and a 6 digit PIN. The number of digits is fix and known to all (because if you type an error the voice asks you “Do you know your 6 digit PIN?”) Which is IMHO an security issue. You can transfer the call after successful login to an human operator who will ask you an agreed password to identify you and make sure that nobody has highjacked the phone call on transfer.

1 Like

The only reason I mentioned it, was Yesterday Bruce Schneier posted a link to Nihilistic Security questions in his newsletter here:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/nihilistic-password-security-questions/

Too funny.

1 Like