Anyone currently running Crimson

Okay, try adding --stable and let me know if the script makes any further progress.

Yes, now the script progresses. When I plug in the phone, it begins the flash but dies before the process completes. The messages are as follows:

1:3 3/ 5 [===========> 32% ] FB: flash -raw2sparse all
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pureos/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image”, line 538, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/pureos/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image”, line 521, in main
flash_image(uuu_target, args.debug)
File “/home/pureos/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image”, line 351, in flash_image
subprocess.check_call([‘uuu’, uuu_target])
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 373, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘uuu’, ‘./flash_librem5r4.lst’]’ died with <Signals.SIGBUS: 7>.

1 Like

Those last few messages are referring to uuu. If you have not done so already, you need to install uuu and the udev rules for serial access permissions to the Librem 5.

1 Like

I ran through the install steps up to the udev rules install. uuu is installed and the udev rules are there in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-librem5-flash-image.rules but the script keeps dying at the same spot.

1 Like

Okay, there is another step that is often overlooked in the documentation:

sudo apt build-dep .

Ensure that the Python dependencies are built, then try running the script again.

Yes, I ran that command again just to be sure. Same result.

1 Like

There are a few ideas I have left:

• Use a different flashing mode method
  • Use a different USB cable
  • Use a different USB port

@FranklyFlawless:

This may be hard to believe :wink: but after leaving the L5 sit all night with no battery, I re-ran the script again this morning from my Debian Trixie PC (yesterday I had been using my KDE Neon install) and, yep, you guessed it. Worked like a charm! I appreciate all your help.

2 Likes

Great, if you wish to share your experience with Crimson, you can do so using this thread:

1 Like

You do need a sufficiently up to date version of uuu and it is possible that the two computers have different versions.

1 Like