Apps you want on the L5

The last time I looked at Geary, it didn’t have GPG integration, though I’d be happy to hear that I’m completely wrong about it now. (I would switch to it on the desktop.)

2 Likes

i suppose it wouldn’t hurt > https://protonmail.com/blog/android-open-source/

or maybe it will ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use moovit, I can’t find anything mexican in F-Droid

I need keybase for communications, for privacy is better than telegram.

I need to write screenplay app like Kit Scenarist

A bus, train transportation like Moovit, because the rest doesn’t work in my country. I’m open for suggestions.

and saddly not secure, but necessary Uber, DiDi or some taxi client if I’m lost in the world, and I need someone to pick me up to go anywhere I need.

I know it’s Microsoft - but the ability to send/receive emails from Exchange would be great, as I am sure I’m not the only one who occasionally receives urgent work emails after hours. The built in mail app may have this ability, and that would be enough.

I don’t see Slack on that list. That’s a nice to have for me, as I use it for work and some tech groups I am in.

Evolution and KMail both work with Microsoft Exchange.

Slack is unfortunately fully proprietary and while they used to have an API where you could access it through third party programs like Pidgin, they’ve deprecated that option and actively discourage administrators from approving new API tokens.

1 Like

Critical Show Stoppers:

• contacts sync with Google Contacts
  • calendar sync with G Cal
  • a good SMS auto-reply app with timeout (auto-off)
  • WheresMyDroid, specifically, the part where it emails me my location before battery dies
  • ability to read/write sms txt from computer
  • SyncThing (i use to move photos off phone, it supports Delete)
  • Support for BlueTooth keyboards
  • audio needs to work, eg 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Wickr (they have linux app)
  • YouTube

Nice to haves:

• Play store and all android apps
  • Facebook messenger
  • Cam2ip turns phone into ip cam

These points work fine on my L5.
There are probably more on your list that already works, but which I have not tested.

2 Likes

@ruff did you find a good tt-rss reader to port? I use the same thing and a regular rss reader is not quite enough… I was thinking of liferea, but it’s not very lightweight… as you can see needs a littls scaling