Automated system checks at _n_ boots? (Edited)

purism@pureos:~$ mount -l | grep mmcblk0p1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type ext2 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)
purism@pureos:~$

1 Like

OK, so it is the boot partition and it is only about 0.5 GB out of about 32 GB, so nothing to worry about in terms of time to check the file system integrity.

if only to be able to distinguish the two drives more readily. :wink:

It’s probably good to be testing out the FAT file system support but I’ve formatted my µSD card as ext4 for functionality and convenience.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the instruction! Hopefully this thread will be helpful to everybody.

Once you get your phone you will understand. Between a sometimes unreliable battery percentage indicator, fast draining of the battery, lots of playing with the phone, precautionary manually shutting down before it runs out of juice, the odd bug, … it happens. I have managed about 22 boots in 9 days.

1 Like

Another thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes when the power is off and I then plug the phone in for charging, it turns itself on spontaneously. So then I have to shut it down again.

1 Like

Baseline: my phone, delivered 2021-01-14, came with a Mount count of 3. You received yours far earlier than me, however, so yeah, your phone may have had a lot more workbench attention before shipment.

1 Like