Best E-mail CLIENT

Hi Sharon,
Been a while that I was in, sorry. But you can find these settings in both applications.
In Firefox, you simply have to enter about:config as URL.
In Thunderbird, you have to do the following to access the “about:config” Section:
To access the config editor, go to Thunderbird | PreferencesTools | OptionsEdit | Preferences, select the Advanced panel, select the General tab, and click Config Editor… (taken from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/config-editor)
Then you could e.g. search for ‘geo’ to get to the setting ‘geo.enabled’ to set it to ‘false’.

Funny thing, even though I have migrated from Firefox, I still have T-bird. Which means every linux update Firefox still wants to upgrade. Although I looked and it is only the English language pack.

Thanks @PrivateWhite

Must be my version, no need for “Advance Panel” but with your help I managed:
Thunderbird (as of Ver. 78.9.0 64 release)

1. Click wrench/hamburger/menu/three bars (what ever it is this week)
  2. If it’s not already highlighted, click General
  3. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and on bottom right, click on the box labeled “[Config Editor]
  4. Editor Opens, agree to the warning, and type “geo” into Editor search bar.
  5. Result should show as first entry “browser.search.geoSpecificDefaults” - Under "Value’ column, change to “false” and close window.

Thanks again
S

I know this is a year old, but it seems it’s one of those things that have not changed.

I know what you mean, I have the same issues with Pure, Ubuntu, Deb, POPos, Raspberry Pi, coming from a 2001 MS Dos blinged, and glitzed called Windoze, still a year later after diving into linux arena.

~s

Update (no pun intended), I gave up and let Firefox back in my system. At least when I click on an email link, it works instead of just sitting there and scratching its CPU head.