Cadavres, carddav and librem 5?

Hi there,

First, sorry, I am french :stuck_out_tongue:

So.
The librem 5 is interesting me for all the reasons I have found on this site.
But, I did not read how sync could be done. Caldav and carddav syncs with my nextcloud instance should be done easily.
Are they ?
If not, when could they be ?

Thanks !

yes L5 stack will use EDS exactly for that reason - EDS natively supports ca*dav and will bring remote contacts and calendars. Gnome apps like geary, contacts and calendars are using GOA as identity provider (support nextcloud) and EDS as data provider (supports webdav transport). So fear not for that’s already been thought of.

1 Like

You are lucky - Nextcloud is officially supported as @ruff said. Unfortunately other CalDAV and CardDAV providers not directly / there is no way to add them in system settings. See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-online-accounts/-/issues/1 (#1 issue of GNOME Online Accounts :smiley: )

1 Like

You can still install evolution and add custom cadavres manually, gnome cal happily sees all cals on EDS.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. But that only works for now. If we speak about mobile GNOME like for the Librem 5, I doubt that anyone would want to do it like that. Personally I don’t want to use Evolution anymore. I’m waiting for Geary supporting Inline PGP and S/MIME and then I never have to install it again. :smile:

1 Like

Why? As a forced outlook user I find evolution quite handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is okay, of course better than Outlook :smiley: But way too heavy in my opinion. Had an issue which sometimes led to unrealiable mail sending in the past, too. I just want to use Gnome Calender and Contacts (preinstalled) and an application which is only for sending mails. But I configured my mail provider to encrypt all incoming and sent mails with my public PGP key so I’m stuck with Evolution at the moment for these two issues…

1 Like

Hi
i use qemu image and Librem5 work perfectly with my nextcloud. At startup there is the setup and you can select your nextcloud server.
regards

1 Like

Hi,
I got mine 2 days ago :stuck_out_tongue:
I just spent 30mn with it. Juste a look on the apps.
But where is the calendar ???
A smartphone without a calendar ? What a shame !
No ?

1 Like

I see that gnome-calendar has libhandy in its source code, so it may work on the L5. Try:
sudo apt install gnome-calendar

2 Likes

Last time I checked, GNOME calendar doesn’t scale very well:

Reminduck and OpenToDoList integrate a calendar that seems to work fairly well.

1 Like

Making GNOME calendar adaptive is a WIP, see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-calendar/-/issues/670 Unfortunately not much talk over there. I think the main dev is quite busy.

CalDAV and CardDAV so far work with Evolution: Install Evolution, add the resources there and you can uninstall it again. They are kept anyhow, so Contacts should show them and yeah - calendar is WIP. It would work there too but not adaptive so far.

1 Like