Camera has no flash

Court adjourned?

You can just read the transcripts posted with the videos:

I was thinking you could search for the info on your computer.

The bugs and kinks you’ve encountered are surely frustrating, as you justifiably point out. I hope you can get those fixed ASAP, because I think you might really like the Librem 5 phone(/computer) once you do.

Sorry if my answers to your various questions on this and other issues, or if my directing you to previous threads haven’t helped. If I were in Vancouver, I would offer to help you in person over public wifi somewhere, because I hate to see you so exasperated.

So, maybe it’s time to deal directly with Purism support for either answers/instructions or a return of a possibly defective L5. (Or maybe other forum members can provide more relevant help.)

Peace out!
:v:

I said “implicit blame”. Do you know what “implicit blame” means? It basically means blame that can be inferred. There absolutely was “implicit blame” cast and it shouldn’t be there.

Sort of. It literally means blame is implied. The difference is an implication is attributed to the speaker and an inference is attributed to the listener. I’m saying it wasn’t implied, but rather that you’re inferring it. There’s no evidence that Amarok was casting any blame. You’re making a subjective and, frankly, unfair judgment.

And yes, I’m being subjective in saying the implication wasn’t there, but I’d rather presume innocence than guilt, particularly given his/her history on this forum.

I mentioned it that I would look everywhere else before I ask a question here and only because I could not find, or understand the fixes. The only thing I feel I want to read is how much I’ll lose sending it back for parts. I know it will be a near total loss.

But, at least you responded. No one in particular was targeted about links to volumes of reading. It’s reading it all, then following the steps up to the point it says ‘Tap blue button’ (example) and ‘button’ isn’t there. Or, I have problems with the instructions, only to find out later that the feature I was not available.

I tried that, I still have a few pages to read. But there were a few links I already read.

Don’t feel like you have to help. If you have a answer, I’ll read it.

I’m not in Vancouver Washington or Vancouver BC. No VPN either.

c’est la vie
~s

Where is your location? Maybe there is someone near you who can help.

You could be the founding CEO of the Canadian Librem 5 Users Group. :wink:

I disagree. The implication was completely clear to me. Mansplaining. As a reminder, in response to a yes/no question (“Is the L5 camera another work in progress?”), amarok delivered this:

If one isn’t meaning to blame the OP, a simple “Yes” or “No” suffices to answer the question. Instead Amarok delivered a “here’s why you should have known the answer” bit of victim blaming.

This is offensive misandry.

No, rather pointed out a perhaps-overlooked detail. You asserting your interpretation is putting words in the speaker’s mouth and attributing -your- thought process to the speaker, as evidenced by you saying “the implication was completely clear to me” in addition to the accusation of “mansplaining”.

I won’t deal with your sexist, self-righteous lack of empathy any further.

4 Likes

Please tone it down a notch, guys.

3 Likes

It is the appropriate word for the situation regardless of whether amarok is a man and/or sharon is a woman. Here’s the definition:

Mansplaining = the explanation of something by a man, typically to a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

If you can’t deal with the appropriate use of a word, that’s really your problem. Hint: mansplain was added to the OED in 2014 (online) and 2017/2018 (official).

Come on. Stop it. Even if a word has an accepted definition and even if you’re using it correctly doesn’t mean that it’s a good idea to use it.

2 Likes

Please explain. I honestly don’t understand. Perhaps it’s worthwhile to read an article that addresses the question “Is the term ‘mansplaining’ sexist?” The short answer: No. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/06/is-the-term-mansplaining-sexist-google-autocomplete

Or are we all expected to bow down to Gavaudan simply because he pretends to be offended by the absolutely appropriate use of perfectly good word? IMO, if he wants to overreport that’s his problem.

Mansplaining isn’t a proper word, it’s a woke mob construction to which all must obey (don’t really care if it’s in the OED, they are just as corruptible as wikipedia). The proper word is just “condescending” (which I do not perceive the intension was, but I give people the benefit of the doubt), why must every human interaction be based in some victim ideology? All this Brave New World lingo does is promulgate more division. Also I still find it fascinating that someone who has no interest in getting a Librem 5 trolls these forums, I would think that time is too precious to waste on such a meaningless endeavor.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled broadcast. Camera flashes I believe.

3 Likes

I can understand using it for the first time. By replying to someone riled up by it, you’re escalating into conflict, which is, at best, bikeshedding and against the rules. Future posts on this topic get deleted.

2 Likes

This.

And for the love of grod, can all the hijackers learn to use “reply as linked topic”? You can argue happily in Round Table - and keep this topic for discussion of the expected current functionality of the camera software.

3 Likes

If you’re asking me, I’m north of the 49th, and west of Prime Meridian.

I joined a club called “Private - Members Only” because I said “I am not a member of “the public”, I am a Member of the Private.” :slight_smile:
~s

1 Like

Do you know Dave?

1 Like

You’re off-topic here, right?

1 Like

I know 1 Dave but he knows nothing about cameras and a flash, let alone ever see the inside of a computer. He, like so many other Googies - didn’t even resist, they just walked into the assimilation and are now part of the Google Collective. Even if he could help, I would’t let a Googie touch my stuff. :rocket:

~s

2 Likes