Chatty not displaying sent or received MMS on my librem 5 but delivering is ok ( a new sim problem ?)

CONTEXT:
It is a problem only with Chatty-MMS and the new sim card of my son (SOSH-ORANGE in France)
I have 3 librem 5 working fine,
The new sim card in my Fairphone is fine with sending and receiving MMS

BUT:
In my Librems, sent messages are received fine at destination but NOT DISPLAYED in the Librem 5 of the sender, and although files of received MMS are yes in the .mms folder but NOT DISPLAYED in Chatty conversation.

CHATTY LOGS show: There was an error with decoding the MM5 /org/... , this for files of sent and received messages.

QUESTION: Is it so that MMS are compressed by the sim card? Does it mean that I need to change the sim card model?

1 Like

I would say “no”.

The bottom line is that each individual mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in the world is different for MMS - requires different settings for MMS. So if you changed SIM to a different MVNO and MMS stopped working then
a) you probably need to change MMS settings, and
b) at the current time, MMS may or may not work at all with that MVNO.

Your easiest option would be to find someone in this forum who is in your country and using the same MVNO and has MMS working … who can tell you what the correct settings are.

Maybe review: (yet another) MMS issue (France)

1 Like

Thanks, but my settings are good (work with an other sim card)

• New test:
    Device A send an MMS to Device B with SIM B1 (the “half working sim with MMS”) : MMS file comes in the folder, but not displayed in the conversation, chatty log=There was an error with decoding the MM5 /org/....
    then shutdown, change SIM B1 to B2 ("full working sim with MMS), boot: Chatty displays the message with picture sent to SIM B1!!!
    Interpretation: MMS sent to B1: the file created cannot be decoded as SIM B1 is in the L5 , but after sim change to B2 , the picture is immediatly decoded and showed in the conversation.

Strange. It llooks like the modem/chatty is blocked with a wrong configuration as B1 is in the phone.
How can I reset Modem/Chatty/ without loosing my messages?
PS: After a new reflash (i forgot to turn off HKS), the problem is persistent. Must I reflash with HKS turned off? reflash the modem?

1 Like

This forum contains various topics about getting hung up on one particular SMS/MMS. You may be able to unblock without losing all messages, but instead losing one message (the one that is causing a problem).

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I tried the procedure many times and it happens always like this.
I send the SMS(s), it is not showed. I change the sim, and magically, the message(s) show up with notification.

1 Like