Epiphany-browser crashes immediately

hello,

the Epiphany-browser used to crash when I opened the settings so I removed it and did a re-install.
Now it crashes immediately once I open it.
I use PureOS amber on a Librem 13 v4.

Starting Epiphany using the terminal the error report looks like this:

** (epiphany:7812): WARNING **: 14:19:16.171: webkit_web_context_set_web_process_count_limit is deprecated and does nothing. Limiting the number of web processes is no longer possible for security reasons

** (epiphany:7812): CRITICAL **: 14:19:16.175: void webkit_web_context_register_uri_scheme(WebKitWebContext*, const char*, WebKitURISchemeRequestCallback, gpointer, GDestroyNotify): assertion 'g_ascii_strcasecmp(scheme, "ftp") != 0' failed
Segmentation fault

I’ve already searched for the problem on the internet but I found nothing. Do you have any suggestions on where to find solutions/guides on how to deal with this problem? (or do you have a solution?) I’m a very unexperienced Linux user so any help would be great :slight_smile:

I don’t have any experience with that combination but with Firefox I would be asking the question: did you start with a new profile? In other words, if something is borked in your profile then it can be that no reinstalls or upgrades will fix the problem but starting with a new profile might.