Feeling like this every time

The pride I feel everytime I unlock my Librem5…
That’s it, I wanted to share it with you guys :smiley:

Have a nice weekend.

16 Likes

I also noticed that. Some strange feeling I get when the message says “crypt_root set up successfully”. If teels like I’ve cracked a safe or a hidden vault.

7 Likes

I enjoy not seeing any network connections after start-up.
The opportunity to build my “own” ecosystem.
One that suits me like a tailor-made suit.

That’s what I’m here for.
(secure boot?)

5 Likes

With an Andriod or iOS phone, it is like you are leasing a smartphone instead of owning one, which is a scary thought when you consider how much data these things are capable of collecting and distributing. The fact that we had essentially 2 viable choices, and neither are transparent, seems Orwellian to me. Lets hope that the Librem 5 represents the future. It is still has some progress to make, but just getting this far is great. I feel like I own this phone, which is more than I can say about the prior smartphones.

6 Likes

I have been to the first small family gathering yesterday and showcased my L5. The reception was quite good with look-and-feel for hardware and software and they understand that more progress is needed.
I still use the L5 as a secondary phone / testing device.

However I have used the L5 to see bedtime stories with my son at bedtime, and
he is loving the new phone (it has a bigger screen than my old one), it warms my heart.

Yesterday I also tried to compile (on the L5) a game I have been working on since 2017.
Currently 28k lines of code. It has never been thought off running on a mobile phone, and neither on a vertical (touch) screen. But It just compiled and “works” quite well. This is just something I love.
I love to make small videos, have a look if you want. :smiley:
(The game itself is noway near finished)

9 Likes

What is the name of the game? Where can it be found?

1 Like

The name is “Edge of Nations”, but it is unfortunately not playable yet. :confused:
I’m (finally) at the point of implementing the gameplay, the computer characters and
the interaction with the computer characters.
It is only a spare time project, so the progress is slowly and I want the game mechanics to be advanced, so it makes it also complicated to program which requires a lot brain energy for a spare time project. :sweat_smile:

At some point I want to update my website with more information. But this is the only public information right now: https://guld-berg.dk/edge_of_nations
There is a short video showing the game start as it is right now.

4 Likes

Keep up the good work! I wish I had the patience to work on a gaming project of mine… :slight_smile:

Thanks. It is very hard to find the time and energi. :see_no_evil:

1 Like