Firefox for librem5

Thanks for the info.

I think now the only way to make it happen is to ask mozilla if they are interested to make his browser available to the only privacy minded smartphone on earth, but i don’t know how to be in touch with them, i hope someone from purism or from community can do it

There are plenty of channels to reach out to Mozilla… From their official twitter accounts, to their discourse instance at https://discourse.mozilla.org/

But again, I’m not sure why this need to be an official, Mozilla vetted product. Something from the community would be just as fine.

Because i see no one doing it neither planning, and mozilla should do it as is mission is to make a better internet

I ask to everyone to write to mozilla asking to make firefox for our phone maybe more voices will be listened

Hello all, I was discussing with a developer from Epiphany (now called “GNOME Web”) and he say that they are really interested into featuring WebExtensions. However, implementing WebExtensions is a requested made since 3 years (I think they really need technical help, by the way if we have some technical-skilled developers here, Purism team included, please feel free, thank you so much) so I hope the production of Librem 5 will boost a bit this feature.

I am sure Epiphany can be a really good Web Browser, because no 3rd party influence like for Chromium (Google) or Firefox (sponsoring, and all those opt-in options to disable sometimes in about:config).

If they succeed to add this feature, GNOME Web can be a simple responsive design browser, FOSS, with just browsing and compatible with WebExtensions… finally exactly what I need !

1 Like

Just as a reminder, Firefox was tested in [qemu], see: (Ask me any app - I will show it) https://libre.video/videos/watch/a07577a9-0cf4-4fd3-a3af-b33ae65eba3b

For my “two cents”, I’d like to have it working too. If not fully (even in some “mini mode”) in phone mode, then at least in desktop mode (like I’d like to have most programs). As seen on the video, it’s not good but not bad either - there is hope. And lets not forget Tor-browser. I’d want options, not just one browser or engine.

Firefox was fixed today on Byzantium, like bad artifacts… it run smooth, fast now after updating the systems.

3 Likes

I heard yesterday it started putting ads in the address bar for suggestions.

1 Like