Firefox request on librem5

I have saw the latest blogpost from purism about the UI and we can see the name under the browser labeled as web so bo love for firefox. I really hope some of purism crew read it and try to get in touch with mozilla, because there are alot of stuff people have to set for a privacy minded internet surfing, otherwise i feel librem5 not a good option for surf the internet and this is sad

Anbox and Mozilla for Android should cover it

This seems perfectly in line with porting Epiphany at first :slight_smile:

Who knows, maybe they will make a mobile browser which is event more privacy-efficient that Fennec :slight_smile: ?

If anbox + librem5 + firefox for android is working well is not bad, but i dubt it, as i know anbox is not really viable atm.

A purism privacy browser should not be enogh for alot of people because there is too much things to care about and is not possible neither affordable for them to do as well as firefox+extensions+about:config

I had better expettation from the phone, but as i think to understand from the latest blogpost when will be released the phone will miss alot of needed feature, and will be more a bigger dumbphone than a smartphone

I can t use a privacy phone with a browser who leak webrtc, do not support vpn, will execute js, i can’t spoof the UA and alot of other things i can do with the other phones

I wanna be clear i’m not raging against purism, i understand is a difficoult job and it require time, and i’m fine with that, but there are features in 2019 that a smartphone who care about privacy must have to be a daily usage

I hope in some magic cooperations/news about that and about funtionality we could have from beginning and a kind of roadmap at least for the 2019 about software and services

I think the best of both world can meet:

• Being based on a smaller & simpler codebase (Epiphany’s)
  • Supporting webextensions (which Firefox supports since Quantum, so you would basically have Firefox extensions on Epiphany)

could be an interesting solution, i still prefear firefox for the custom granular configuration with about:config, but still better than a dumb browser like epiphany