Gemalto modem available?

Since I lost a bit of track w.r.t. modem selection and availability, my question mainly targets those of you having already received either their device or at least their confirmation E-Mail.

Did some of you chose the Gemalto modem(s)?
How much extra did you pay, if applicable w.r.t. question?

1 Like

You don’t need to create a new topic when two such topics already exist:

1 Like

Thanks for adding useless links not answering my questions. Including information prior to 11.20, so prior to Evergreen shipping, while I am clearly asking for latest information w.r.t. shipped devices.

But I can imagine that for some people reading, understanding, reflecting and then aswering is obviously a hard task.

1 Like

No need for the attitude, this could easily have been a comment on the “Availability and Price” thread. The only argument for this being its own thread is that the information being asked for isn’t given in any previous thread.

That said, I’m curious about this too. It seems like everyone who’s gotten a phone so far has either chosen a Broadmobi modem or hasn’t responded to questions about which modem they got. I have to wonder if people who are requesting Gemalto (now Thales?) modems are just being sent to the back of the line while Purism makes arrangements for putting the PLS-8 on a custom board.

1 Like

Bingo !

Broadmobi was the only available choice when I was notified of shipment.

1 Like

No, what is now the Thale Cinterion PLS8-US modem is not available for the Librem 5 at this point. See my recent post in the thread, Choosing the Modem:

1 Like

Thanks for that information and linking. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Hence, marked it as “solved”.

Which is not a reason to create the new thread at all. You could have asked in those thread instead.