Google Meet wont work on Librem 11

I got invited to a Google Meet meeting. The cameras and mic works perfectly in both Firefox and Web, but when i clicked “Join Meeting” I got a vauge error saying “You cant join this meeting”, with no further information.

I got to borrow anothers computer. This wa also running Linux, and Firefox, and I was able to join the same meeting using that computer.

1 Like

Run firefox --version on both devices / machines… What are the versions on the L11 vs the other?

1 Like

You can try to make Firefox mimic other browsers e.g. Chrome by switching the UserAgent HTTP header. There is an add-on, User-Agent-Switcher or so.

You can try another variant of Firefox e.g. LibreWolf or maybe some non-ESR version or a weekly build or so.ä

If the issue is not in FF maybe it has something to do with phoc, phosh or wayland. Just thinking.

2 Likes

Meet is moot?

1 Like

On my Librem 11 machine the answer was: Mozilla Firefox 115.12.0esr
On the other persons machine the answer was: Mozilla Firefox 113.0.2

Note, that the issue was never spesific to Firefox on my Librem 11. The same problem happened in GNOME Web.

2 Likes

What about a different desktop environment? Is this something affecting just Phosh for instance?

1 Like

Yeah, I suspect Phosh is the problem. Maybe Phosh is the reason for the video playback problem ( OpenGL does not work right on my Librem 11 ) as well?

Can you teach me how to switch desktop environment, or turn Phosh off, so I can test it out?

1 Like
sudo systemctl stop phosh
1 Like

sudo apt install gnome (give that a shot, then stop phosh)

1 Like

Package name needs to be corrected.

2 Likes

Couldn’t remember off-hand

1 Like