Gpg: Can't check signature: No public key

This gives me a UUID;

Edit:
I checked the blkid /dev/nvme0n1p1 after i logged in with warning and it says it’s type is ext4 in result:

You may need to boot either into your OS or into a rescue disk to ensure you have ext4-compatible fsck commands. The busybox environment in PureBoot is pretty minimal.

So, should i try those instructions you said me inside the logged in OS @Kyle_Rankin?

Yes. Although if you are booted into your normal OS, the /boot filesystem should be mounted (but it may be mounted read-only). If it is mounted you will need to umount /boot before you attempt to fsck the file system.

If you are booting from a rescue disk then you don’t need to worry about whether it is mounted as it shouldn’t be.

1 Like

Finally i could successfully do OEM Factory Reset. Thank you so much @Kyle_Rankin and @irvinewade for your both guidance. I have a question though that for all updates i was doing this reset as i see the red light on TPM. Can we avoid reset all the times?

1 Like

Reset is just something we advise people as the fastest way to get back to a stable state if something failed. Often when people upgrade their software and then reboot later, they end up dismissing the alert that files in /boot have changed and then later get into a state where the fastest way for the support team to get someone back to normal is the OEM Factory Reset. Since it is generally harmless we tend to go that route.

In your case something else caused the /boot file system to need repair (possibly a hard reset of the computer or some other issue) and it was something the OS itself didn’t automatically detect and repair at boot.

Now that your keys and everything else is reset to a stable state, you shouldn’t need to reset again. The red light on the Librem Key should only blink steadily for one reason: the firmware has changed, either by you (upgrading it, adding/removing keys, changing settings), or by an attacker. Note that the brief flickering the red LED does at boot is not a tamper indication, the red LED flickers whenever there is activity on the device, such as when it is encrypting/decrypting/signing something, and when PureBoot first initializes that USB device when it starts up. The steady green LED is what to look for at boot, or a steady red LED that doesn’t stop blinking.

The Librem Key doesn’t blink in response to OS updates. Instead, when you update software on your system, you can expect at the next reboot that PureBoot will flash a warning on the screen that files in /boot changed and you will be asked to re-sign them. Follow the steps to re-sign those files and you should be able to boot back into the system as normal. When in doubt, refer to our Getting Started Guide:

https://docs.puri.sm/PureBoot/GettingStarted.html

2 Likes

@Kyle_Rankin Thank you so much for the detailed info. Will have these points in mind… Slowly after an year of using L14, i’m getting in terms with the TPM key…

2 Likes