Help with updating Librem 13v2

Hello,

Bit of a noob here.

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how to update PureOS so that I can get the updated version with the ME disabled/neutered?

Some background: I ordered my Librem 13v2 quite some time ago. It took a long time to actually ship, then got stuck in customs, 2.5 months later it’s here. In between it shipping and arriving, many updates have happened.

Out of the box the ‘software’ store couldn’t install most apps (kept on getting a message that it couldn’t find them). Also, Purebrowser would not load any webpages. So, I looked up somewhere if there was a way to update them another way and so in the terminal I used the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Once I did the first 2, the ‘software’ store began working properly. I removed Purebrowser, reinstalled it and it started working.

Does the 3rd command mean that I am fully up to date and now running on a Librem with a disabled AND neutralized ME? Or are there other steps?

Cheers in advance,
Terry

Have you updated your coreboot? You might find this useful too.

1 Like

Thanks very much Vrata!

I managed to run the script from your 1st link and I’ve flashed it. I’m not sure if that’s disabled and neutralised the ME as I’ve run the diagnostic script and the output looks different from what Mladen said should occur here so I’ve posed the question there if you were interested.

Also, I’ll be digging into the 2nd link over the next few days, so I may have questions :slight_smile:

indeed, but I see that kakaroto replied to your query and looks like you have an updated machine now :slight_smile:

sure, I’ll be happy to help if I can. I too am on the learning curve.

1 Like