Hibernation with Librem 13v3

Is there a way for me to get hibernation working on my Librem 13v3 without having to reinstall PureOS? Right now I have no option to enable it.

It’s become a bit complex with systemd;
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-sleep.conf.html

But the easier way is to go to settings;

• Go to settings
  • Choose Power
  • At the bottom, choose for the value Hibernate for the When the Power Button is pressed

Now you can just click the power button to suspend.

Many thanks. For some reason, prior to just checking, there was never a hibernate option availible. After just looking there was an option for it.

I really like how closing the lid puts the librem to sleep, and you can quickly get started again later. However, sometimes when I’m not going to use the laptop for a while, I prefer not wearing the battery done for nothing.

Thanks for the response!

Glad I saw this.

So now I have it going to hybrid suspend when I close the cover (so that if the battery runs out while it’s shut, I don’t lose my session) and hibernate when I hit the power key (which I’ll do if I know it will be a while.

How did you change the lid closing behavior? I looked around but didn’t see that.

Also I installed a gnome extension to add a hibernation button on the power selection, and it appeared to work, however, when I turned it back on, it started up as if from a cold boot. (IE: My session was gone.)

Does having your hdd encrypted mess up hibernation?

There was a topic regarding hibernation quite a while ago. What i directly can remember:

• swap-partition has to be big enough to accept the whole RAM-size + x (otherwise the hibernation-box ticked doesn’t do anything)
  • real hibernation didn’t work for me - just sleep
  • if the akku is going towards zero, the laptop doesn’t fall into hibernation, but switches off - so cold boot next time

Found it: Have a look https://forums.puri.sm/t/hibernation-hibernate-on-librem/3432/14

The last message might be a solution. Didn’t find the time to try myself (respectably i’m not confident enough with linux-internals to risk shooting my right now mostly stable system :wink: ).