I should have never ordered the librem 5

I’ve been on home stretch for three years. There must have been like 10 people at least saying “it can’t be long now”.
One of them will be right one day, all the others haven’t :frowning:

2 Likes

They weren’t shipping then so all orders were pre-orders.

2 Likes

They weren’t shipping, but they should have been. You can argue that they still aren’t “shipping”, yet you wouldn’t call them pre-orders now, because at least some devices have been shipped.
At that time, some devices have been shipped, but backers had to find out later that they were only shipped to purism employees. After which they came up with the idea of batches iirc.

None of that matters, because when I ordered, in 2019, it specifically said “pre-order” on the order page.

2 Likes

Right, apparently shipping started Q3 2019. Looks like mine was a preorder, since I ordered shortly before that. The same still goes for anyone that ordered after Q3 2019. In this case there is no difference between those that did preorder, and those that did not it seems.
Agreed, last thing I ever buy from purism.

Mine arrived Friday! That’s 10 months since I said “Don’t give up”. :wink:

SO far I’m loving it.

3 Likes

What network are you using it on? I got mine a couple of months ago, but it remains unopened as I have Verizon as my service provider (it is the only carrier that has a signal where I work) and they will not support Librem phones.

I don’t think you were asking me, but just in case, I use Fido in Canada, worked without needing to make any changes.

I have to say I am thrilled with both the phone and the service. The WiFi wasn’t working, they fixed it. I just got it back and the device is awesome. Really loving it.

2 Likes

Mint Mobile works great on L5. $15/month for unlimited (1year prepaid).

1 Like