Im very interested in the phone but

You’re right, it is MS auth as MFA for M365 as determined by my employer. I’ll give it try with Anbox and see what happens.

1 Like

Let me know. I have to run that app for my employer too :frowning: - so come the day that my Librem 5 arrives, I will at least be trying it under Anbox.

I’m very well aware what’s going on in the financial sector, it’s definitely a planned move to force everyone into digital currency. It’s not as big a push here in the US
Yet. But it will be eventually if the plans keep progressing.

Why do you have bank apps on your portable device? In order to reduce my exposed attack surface, I only do online banking from a home computer.

2 Likes

Starling bank (and Monzo) until very recently provided no other option - they only had mobile apps. They’ve recently add online (web) banking though so you should be able to use that for most functionality (you still need the app to sign up in the first place though).

That said they also provide API access so it seems relatively feasible to build a GTK front end for that, at least for personal use.

2 Likes

NP will do.

You make a valid point, but as a pre-covid road warrier it was important to me to keep an eye on my accounts

Sh*t isnt it!

1 Like

Having considered the options I think I’ll go with a Pine. Bottom line is that the price point is too high for me to take a punt.
The Pine has a better price point so it allows me to take a risk and if it doesnt work its not an issue…

2 Likes

Wise choice if you don’t have money to just fritter away. That way you can get a good feel for if a librem purchase will truly be a wise move or not.

1 Like

I agree fully; it is the attitude that I have taken with the L-5 and the Linux phone ecosystem in general. I bought a Pine phone both to support the ecosystem and also to play around with the device to get experience with small-screen Linux and begin to adjust my life to a pocket computer instead of a smart phone while waiting for my L-5.

Many of the self-righteous complaints that I have seen on this forum display the attitude of a person who expects a fully working consumer device and is unhappy that those expectations are not being met; as I much as I would like such a device, it is not what I am expecting day one (or two for that matter).

2 Likes