Immunization Passports in Europe

Neither in Canada nor in the USA have I seen a standardized immunization pass although that could be because I have never travelled to a country that requires it to enter.

When looking for the image, I came across a CDC card for H1N1 from 2009 and it was substantially the same.

1 Like

@epinez @eNZymOrTHe
Canada has always had the standard yellow booklet. I have one (see my comment above). Canada usually follows the US lead on this sort of thing.
Twenty years ago (the last time I saw the US version), the US had a federally-issued booklet which is slightly different in format but nearly identical in content. I don’t know what the situation in the US is now re international vaccine certificates. I doubt the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card that eNZymOrTHe refers to would be accepted by the Schengen Area countries, but I could be wrong about that. For example, Iceland doesn’t list it as being acceptable evidence of Covid-19 vaccination:
ht tps://www.landlaeknir.is/um-embaettid/greinar/grein/item44162/Certificate-of-vaccination-against-COVID-19-accepted-at-the-border
They only mention EU and WHO certificates.

1 Like

It’s not the case that people over 50 use a dumb ass phone, it’s the personal preference of not having a Zombie phone that suck’s you into it’s advertising network with mind candy like Bubble Crush or Candy Crush saga whilst other idea’s on here include mind candy like Faraday bags when a 20 pence packet of crisp’s bag does the same Job instead of spending big bucks on something expensive and pointless that you’ll probably use once and then loose the appeal. Then you’ve got all these other idiots going on about immunity passports, what about the people that have natural immunity or people that suffer anaphylaxis from having a shot and dropping dead, the CDC has a nice web page where you can read all about the 799 people that have died from taking the Vaccine. But other idiots want to create nazi germany with people asking to see there Papers to prove they’ve been vaccinated.

If that the way people want to roll then I should point out that you can download the vaccinated piece of paper from the CDC’s own website and all you need is your health care number to scribble on the print out and behold according to the document you’ve been vaccinated! Just in-case the mindless gormless masses get there way and you need a piece of paper to be able to go in a shop to buy something like a bottle of milk.

Anaphylactic shock is where you’ve already been exposed to the Germ found you have immunity whilst breaking out in hives all over your body, so then your body produces the anti-gen and the last thing you want to do is have it shot into your arm into your blood stream where it will cause an immediate allergic reaction & shock that can kill you!

If people are not professional health care providers then they should keep there idea of an immunity passport to themselves and continue to remain in there EU fantasy land.

As Arnold say’s quite pointedly in Terminator “If your going to put your phone in a packet of Chips then you should keep your phone in the packet of potatoe chips!”

1 Like

Okay, this is the second warning in the thread. If i notice any of the following again, I will close the thread:

No attacks, they end up inciting people.

Where are the sources for those claims?

That’s straight false. Anaphylactic shock is when you’re allergic to something.

Please don’t do those things, or the thread gets closed. I’m also going to pay extra attention to posts replying to this one.

2 Likes

But of course that would go against everything you’ve been told and taught to believe, wouldn’t it! In future I’ll try to stay on topic whilst I’ve got advertising conglomerates telling me they want to give me a passport to do some shopping or to walk down the high street. An I apologize if the wording “idiot” sounds abrasive, I’m just used to saying it how I see it!

I flatly refuse to be given a number and a label and if that means throwing there phone in the trash whilst I have to read articles about how a tiny Diode the size of a pencil tip might take over my computer which anyone who understands technology can see is a load of hog wash. Then so be it! If you can dig up that article then the words you could level at it’s author are how the tiny Diode knew what encryption scheme I was using to protect my data at rest and how it managed to carry such a huge payload instruction to bypass the logs and take over the machine without the programmer noticing anything amiss. Sometimes it pays to read between the lines of what other people tell you to take at face value.

1 Like

The forum rules say that politics is not allowed, and insults are not allowed, and it’s my job as an admin to remind people who forget that. No one wants flame wars here, so please understand me.

You’re free to use other threads to talk about other topics, and it’s again my job to make sure people talking here don’t overtake the thread with something else. So I ask your understanding again: let’s take it somewhere else, because I have no choice otherwise but to hide your posts.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but it doesn’t detract from the fact people are dying from the vaccine, its not political it’s a-politicial (Apoliticism) and I detract from any political discussion as politics are simply the words of charlatans that run away from sedition.

1 Like

Just a quick fact check:

"A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths".

Let’s discuss the more limited topics of the passports, shall we? The last vaccine thread went up in flames.

4 Likes

I for one don’t have a cellphone. I ditched it in 2010, just to see if I could do it. Truly though, it started over a dispute with my carrier of the time, concerning their absurd overage fees. Plus, I learned about VoIP …

Point is, some of us don’t have these nasty devices in our lives, whatsoever. Therefore, any expectation, by country, business or otherwise, that one should or must have a digital passport-certificate-or-whatever is a discriminatory practice. And, should it come to pass, it needs to be met with lawsuits and civil disobedience.

3 Likes

“politics are simply the words of charlatans that run away from sedition”

Isn’t “sedition” inherently a political term? How do you define “sedition” outside of a political context? Also

its not political it’s a-politicial (Apoliticism)"

Repeating a word in brackets and with a capitol letter doesn’t help in providing a definition. I understand the word “political” you seem to spit out with venom, like so many others, is talk concerning specific political parties in “local” disputes. (or in the case of the present two party system in the U.S., disputes between liberals and conservatives) There’s no way “Immunization Passports in Europe” isn’t politics in the larger sense of the word. It’s inherently political. So maybe you should not involve yourself at all, and not give your 2 cents in any such discussion again. Just a thought! :wink:

I’m not sure if you are British, or live in the EU. But if you are not, isn’t travelling to another country a privilege instead of a right? It’s a privilege to leave for another country and a privilege to enter another. Now, I realize that travelling within the EU may have been defined as a right for EU citizens and that makes it a different issue for them. But, if you are in North America (or post-Brexit Britain) I think it’s perfectly okay for them to deny you permission to travel into their territories without a “Passport” in an accepted phone, including those of only Android and Apple. Yes, that gives a chance for those selected companies to buy and sell data about individual’s status, but it’s the responsibility of each government and reason for citizens to either fire or vote out the representatives who do this negligently, or engage in corruption. But I consider it an internal matter to EU members in the EU, and each individual country within Europe and those of us outside of Europe need to remember our opinion are just opinions from outsiders. Mine being: yes, there is too much opportunity for private companies to commit privacy violations when “immunization passport” in the short term, for COVID-19. If there are long term plans where safety guards can be implemented and worked out between European governments and Android and Google and/or Microsoft or whoever- I’m not so certain. that’s in answer to

it needs to be met with lawsuits and civil disobedience

I guess that depends on your country. Being without a smartphone certainly takes away some economic benefits, I think there are few in finance or the corporate world would participate. Also social opportunities for students. I mean, I suppose it’s natural you come to this point of view because you are much isolated by not having a smartphone! And what are you doing in a discussion about smartphones anyways? Don’t you see some contradiction with that?

Um, does fancy spelling really do any good? I doubt it. In fact it gives me the idea of looking for “J3w$” rather than the quite acceptable term “Jews”, that millions self-identify with and is often used in a completely legitimate manner. On the contrary, I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking only non-Jews with a suspicious hostile antisemitic bent would use that combination of characters.
The big difference with your comparisons, is that there’s justifiable reasons for keeping a person with a contagious disease away. That’s fundamentally different than identifying or isolating anyone of a certain ethnic background, although I’ll grant you that bigots and fascists have tried to confuse the issue in the past.

Well, I want a Purism phone. That’s why I’m here. I’m also a proponent of FOSS, which to me, in principal, embodies liberty.

Curios though about your perception that I must be ‘isolated.’ Rather, it seems to me, in this era, that those on smartphones–plugged into feeds and, in essence experiencing an augmented reality–are those who seem more isolated. Think about that for a moment. The world is only so big inside these devices, with their respective services and platforms. Rather, I’d content the real world is far larger and entirely more free outside of the walls of a smartphone, or any technology–God’s world. For instance, just think of the “filter bubble” phenomena. Moreover, just think of your own perception that an outsider must be “much isolated”.

Yes, nearly everything produced by statecraft is a privilege. That’s why a remedy for tyranny doesn’t reside in statecraft. Nor does a ‘seat at the table’ (voting) produce rights or real freedom …
The EU is far down this path and will soon learn this. The US, unfortunately is not far behind.
Yet, I have hope, as it’s foretold that the moment they place the capstone upon this monster will be the moment it begins to crumble.

1 Like

i spelled it like that to make it harder for an algorithm to pick it up … unless YOU are the algorithm … :upside_down_face: :rofl:

1 Like

The immunization passport in Germany will be developed by IBM and will be (same as the corona contact tracing app in Germany[3]) open source. [1]

It is also stated, that this is only an additional way to document the vaccination [2].

[1] https://www.golem.de/news/corona-impfuing-ibm-erhaelt-zuschlag-fuer-digitalen-impfnachweis-2103-154774.html
[2] https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:116414-2021:TEXT:EN:HTML&tabId=1
[3] https://github.com/corona-warn-app (official) / https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.corona.tracing/ (without google, by community)

2 Likes

Wasn’t it IBM that developed the Hollerith machine which was used in Germany a time ago?

Yes it was, https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/hollerith-machine

It is also strange that an immunization passport will be developed considering resolution 2361, https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

“ensure that citizens are informed that the vaccination is NOT mandatory and that no one is politically, socially, or otherwise pressured to get themselves vaccinated, if they do not wish to do so themselves;”

“ensure that no one is discriminated against for not having been vaccinated, due to possible health risks or not wanting to be vaccinated;”

If you can’t differentiate (discriminate) between vaccinated and non-vaccinated, why would you need an immunization passport?

6 Likes

This is a damn good question. The only caveat I can think of is “for non-European countries,” though I’m not sure how good a caveat it is.

Well, Germany, that the the IBM discussion started with is a member of the EU. Countries outside of EU are governed by other laws, but I hope that non of them are interested in implementing a new apartheid system (separating people in two groups, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, where one has more rights and freedoms than the other).