Introducing the Liberty Phone

Thank you so much for your post!!! :pray:
As I written, if I see Geary working well, Iā€™ll buy Librem One service and Iā€™ll create a new email leaving Gmail!
So I just want test Geary with Gmail

1 Like

I did not say special characters arenā€™t allowed in general. In fact I donā€™t know if Geary supports all, a few or none. I just know that special characters can cause such problems. That doesnā€™t mean all special characters are unsupported, but maybe some specific ones.

2 Likes

What case is that?

2 Likes
1 Like

I modified my google password avoiding special characters and itā€™s working now!!
Thank you so much, Ick!! :grinning::pray:

3 Likes

There are some legitimate reasons to restrict what characters can be used in a password but on the other hand any such restriction weakens the password against a brute force attack. :frowning:

Honestly, for a password that is only entered once and thereafter securely stored (such as applies to Geary on the Librem 5), you might as well choose a longer password in order to compensate for the loss of special characters. However I understand that the password may be being used on more than one device. But then I donā€™t understand why anyone would use gmail at all.

Many servers will mitigate against brute force attacks anyway by placing restrictions on how many guesses you can have.

4 Likes

It is one of the few whitelisted webmail providers for acquiring Tor bridge relay addresses, the other being Riseup:

3 Likes

Add sentence to Librem 5 Liberty Box and Manual:
Developed, Designed and Manufactured in-house by Purism.

1 Like