L11: Charging from powerbank Anker A1281

I just picked up a pair of “Nekteck” 100W USB Type C PD chargers from Bezos with the following specs:

Output: 5V/3A , 9V/3A , 15V/3A, 20V/5A

Neither works with my L11. :frowning:

Not throwing any more money at more power options until I get a better understanding of what to buy, or until Purism offers the Qualcomm wall-wart that came with the L11 from their store.

1 Like

@seedoubleyou Librem 11 needs 12V, at least 2.5A. Looks like those lack 12V. (For reference, it’s here on the community wiki: Battery and Charging · Wiki · Librem 11 / L11 Community Wiki · GitLab)

We do offer this 65 W USB-C charger, which supports 12V 3.0A: Power Adapter Type-C 65W – Purism

2 Likes

Thank you Jonathan. I did see that but because it didn’t explicitly say L11 I was hesitant to commit. I also assumed that the ones I purchased would work due to having 15V/3A or greater, but that’s because i’m not someone who fully understands why that doesn’t work too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good note, I’ll clarify that the voltage must match exactly on the wiki page, thanks for following up!

1 Like

The following may be harder work but maybe the Librem 11 product page should

a) mention the power requirements, and
b) direct the user to that charger in case the customer wants to buy a spare charger, and
c) then also mention on the charger product page that it is compatible with the Librem 11 (currently says “Librem 5, Librem 5 USA, and Librem 14”).

Also, I guess eventually someone will ask about the power requirements of the Librem 11 stylus‽

@JCS?

1 Like