L5 and IOT a difficult future

Me?? :flushed:
:joy::joy::joy: I’m totally unable to do that! I prefer to buy it

1 Like

It’s not really that hard, I have faith in you…just try!! lol.

2 Likes

Is Waydroid always working in real time after launched also in background? Eg: keyring and anti theft devices need to be always connected! I don’t know if I leave Waydroid opened but in background those services still works or are frozen!

1 Like

Is there a website or any resource to find which devices use those protocols and how to set them up? I (mostly) refrain from smart home devices for privacy reasons, but I would be interested in cloudless devices.

1 Like

Most IoT devices will tell you if they support MQTT, but they may also require you to connect them to a cloud service. Here is a good place to start:

Tasmota is a robust system that you can flash to any of the listed devices in the first link. Once you have that set up you can find yourself a raspberry pi or even an old laptop or something to set up Homeassistant on which has a Tasmota plugin that talks to any Tasmota enabled devices. Here is the link to Home Assistant, lots of community support for this too…people write their own integrations and front ends for it. Check it out:

I warn you though, you will get addicted and look for things to automate…lol.

2 Likes

So it is the opposite of an easy failure?