L5 choppy and stuttering bluetooth

I recently bought some PineBuds Pro for my Librem 5.
I am also having this stuttering all the time :frowning:

Steps to reproduce:

• Starting the PineBuds
  • Pairing them with the Librem 5
  • Stopping the device and settings app (which leads to even more stuttering as mentioned above)
  • Running songs via lollypop, no other app is opened - with stuttering (which sometimes happens more and sometimes less
  • Sometimes while playing a long playlist it can happen that there is for minutes no stutering at all (but it comes back again)

The sound quality is good though.

The suttering is really annoying - it makes hearing audio books impossible
Replaying videos from invidious via firefox is even worse as there are missing a lot of chunks of audio - and you cannot listen to whatever the people say on the video.

I also tried other devices (other headpones, a bluetooth radio speaker), they also stuttered

I also tried my PineBuds and other devices on my business laptop and iphone where they work flawlessly.

I also checked the workload via the app on the librem 5 and it doesnā€™t seem to work under any heavy load.

I am having the latest updates (Checked on 2024-07-24)
PureOS 10 (Byzantium)
64-bit
Gnome Version 3.38.5
Window Manager Wayland

Edit: I also tried with wifi and mobile connection off, and it keeps stutering.

1 Like

If you donā€™t close the Settings app it will stutter because it will be constantly searching for new BT devices. Have you confirmed that it still stutters with Settings closed?

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s what I meant with

I swipe both up first the device settings and then the bluetooth settings and itā€™s still stuttering.

1 Like

Ah okā€¦sorry I missed that. Not sure thenā€¦I havenā€™t been using BT much with mine because we donā€™t have BTHF yet. I will be using it much more once we can use it during calls.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is still an issue, and the exact cause of the stuttering is unknown. I suppose the only suggestion is to stay tuned for any possible fix with Crimson, which is the next OS version that is under development.

2 Likes

Actually, my experience is exactly the contrary. When I leave Bluetooth Settings open, there is way less stuttering. Iā€™m using the Redpine module.

2 Likes

I have the SparkLan card so thatā€™s interesting.

2 Likes