L5 Doesn't Shut Down Properly - Not Important - Just Odd

Meh. I’m talking from experience not what I want to portray Puri as.
It is what it is and can’t be helped.

Edit: typo

1 Like

How does the “bug” affect customers with L5’s and is it on all L5’s regardless of if it’s Fir, Amber, Byzantium, and now Crimson?
Of all the places a customer should bookmark, is there a way to find out, without reading volumes of of places that might keep customers up to date? Maybe send out emails like we get when there is a new post we’re following? You know, the short route.

2 Likes

The activity in the Librem 5 GitLab groups can be followed here: Activity · Librem5 · GitLab. You can subscribe to the RSS feed of this page.

Regarding my suggestion to file a bug: I did this suggestion because some people provided detailed technical feedback. Here in the forums this information can easily ‘get lost’, while in an issue in GitLab it is easier findable, visible, and accessible, which also increases the chance that it gets fixed.

1 Like

I’ve reviewed the links you give. But please understand I bought the L5 because I read all the ads and by all that is stated in the ads, the L5 is as good as or better than the latest Android/IoS phones. People I know with those don’t have to wait in line at Git to find out what the Hades is wrong with their L5.

My question didn’t expect a link to yet another site that requires one to learn the language of Techineze. I don’t care what “Merge branch ‘drv2624_vibra’ into 'main’” means, nor should I have to learn it. I just want to know, as I asked in my question:

I sent the L5 back on a RMA proceeded by a lot of emails asking me questions that I answered and fired back that ended up in Got trash can. Needless to say, it was a waste of time because nothing was fixed. I hoed a kernel bug report might be the reason the phone capabilities fall way way shorty of the ads pomp and circumstance.

So, in another way then, is it possible that this kernel bug is the root cause of the L5 unable to perform any where what ads imply?

Thanks janvlug and sorry for not being more precise in my question,
~s

1 Like

So I don’t know a whole lot about the problem but I do know it it is now not present in my L5(s) after a recent kernel upgrade.
See this post for details about what I know.

2 Likes

I understand this from a regular customer perspective. I indeed kind of misunderstood your question. The link is indeed to a technical site.

I do not have the ‘not shutting down properly’ issue on my Librem 5 Byzantium, otherwise I might have reported it my self. So not all Librem 5’s are affected. I like to have all issues reported, so that they can be tracked, and hopefully eventually fixed.

I do not think the kernel bug is the root case of issues with your Librem 5. But this is more a guess than a known fact.

2 Likes