L5 software progress (optimistic)

It is four sides.

3 Likes

Since upgrading phosh, choosing “Power Off” or “Restart” now presents me with a dialog claiming that “Some applications are busy or have unsaved work” and “On-screen keyboard not responding”. There are no foreground applications running and the on-screen keyboard is not active/shown.

While auto-rotation may be nice, this dialog I’m seeing seems a step backwards, the incorrect/false detail it presents is rather ugly and annoying.

1 Like

FWIW, I already raised that as an issue: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/pureos-store/-/issues/26

I’m glad they choose 4 ! I had many times where it was useful !

@amarok, you missed the new overlay when changing volume :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes! also nice. I just found it accidentally. I think they do not write the changes in the package so that we can be surprised :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I verify this. Same here.

1 Like

There are basically 2 ways to make the changelog for updates. One like @spaetz showed is “the Debian way”, which is to have the changelog of the Debian package (which might not be the same as the upstream application changelog). That is usually located at: `/usr/share/doc/[application-name-here]/changelog.Debian.gz

And you can see it from a terminal like this: zcat /usr/share/doc/phosh/changelog.Debian.gz
But this refers to the changelog of the deb package, and bugs that might have been solved downstream.

The other way, is the changelog that can be seen (or not) from PureOS store or GNOME Software, those are basically XML files that are made by the application developers (which in many cases are not the same persons that made the Debian package for it to be installed in the system).

Like this:

That changelog that shows in the PureOS store is the responsibility of application developers, which I say again, are not always the same as the people that turned the application in a debian package to be installed in the system.

5 Likes

This is the new dialog for all passwords, PIN’s

2 Likes

this is being worked on.

2 Likes

I did! Thanks!
Here is what it looks like:

2 Likes