Lack of communication

small correction - who wants to be bugged

1 Like

Hi, Loceka. Rob Sawyer here; I’m on the Purism Board of Directors.

You’re absolutely right that we can, and should, do better about keeping people informed. I’ve brought this to the attention of Todd, our CEO.

Please accept our apologies. We’ll do better in future.

All best wishes.

Rob

9 Likes

I’m hoping this is satire as I’ve seen enough of your posts to have seen you get positive responses from Purism employees as well.

Looking at loceka’s forum activity since 2017, I’m not sure how you determine they’re a troll…

This post was looking for better communication, specifically regarding delays. One thing that has come to light through this thread is that there is an opt-in mailing list that has included emails about those delays. One thing purism could improve is how that mailing list is advertised/presented to new customers since I probably did see a checkbox to enroll during purchase and expected it to be spam like most mailing lists/newsletters. I don’t think that’s unreasonable and moreover it has been articulated multiple times that this was a vent not a list of demands. There may be other incremental improvements that could be made as well, or the result may just be “hey enroll in the newsletter and you’ll get what you’re looking for, we let you opt in instead of forcing it on you, we don’t spam you and may not even email you if there’s nothing to say”

Equating loceka’s behavior to Jay’s isn’t exactly accurate.

And I don’t think anyone is making business decisions based on your gender… That’s the most narcissistic and trolling thing I’ve seen in this thread and I hope it was satire to show that not everyone will be pleased.

5 Likes