LED fast flashing red

Not necessarily. It might be defective and hence not charging and not able to be charged. Or it might be something with the charging process within the phone. You might be able to fault isolate that by using an external charger (as you can see @Quarnero is doing in the photo above).

It bugs me that you haven’t been able to boot the phone with the battery completely removed. I guess if you end up sending the phone to Purism in order to get a replacement battery, they could look at that as well.

Twice red, once green with vibration, twice red, once green with vibration, and so on.

Maybe Purism support can tell you what that means (before you contemplate sending the phone to Purism).

You missed this:

And therefore please explain to @oseo on how to proceed from this very welcomed entry point … you’ll find your way :+1:. Thanks!

P.S. I wish that we know in which country OP lives (Europe is relatively big, have many regulated borders), as someone can/should send (within the same country because of related transport regulations) replacement battery to him/her (even if the same battery needs to be returned the very next day we will be much closer to solve this belonging “headache”)? Let us help there, please!

Not necessarily. :wink:

Where that particular text appears it was not clear whether the battery was in or out.

Well anyway the default disk encryption password should be 123456 and if the seller has changed that password then I think the phone will need to be reflashed.

1 Like

Related post is here: LED fast flashing red. And, perhaps I’m missing some clarity too (but do not want to admit this :grin:).

Explanation: I cannot imagine that someone can get, on Librem 5, decryption screen with completely drained battery (and while very fast flashing red LED light isn’t sign of charging inserted battery, and while I consider that this fast flashing of red LED as pointing toward “broken” battery, while still having one of those and have had terrible time with it).

I just received the phone back from repair. Now it is starting fine, I already did a software update and I am waiting until it is fully charged to do more, like phone calls.

It took a bit of time to get it back but I was informed from the begining that people in charge had holidays planned. During the repair I also had nice holidays, so I am in very good mood :slight_smile:

I did not send it for repair immediately, I first received a spare battery but it wasn’t helping, only then was it concluded that the phone needed repair.

2 Likes