Librem 14 fan noise?

we are about to release a new V1.9 soonish, by the end of the week likely, which we strongly recommend to upgrade to, it can improve performance too but will especially address some possible charging issues.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
nicole

6 Likes

Tht sounds great! I hope you can also post simple step by step instructions on how to upgrade for us Linux newbies :grin:

Well, there is a web page describing the most bare bone process:

We also have a bootable ISO that does just that but already ready made and prepared:

These are the files direct from the CI pipeline, you can download it using the the three vertical dots button to the right, “download artifacts” and get a ZIP file which contains “livework/Librem_14_EC_Update.iso” - this is a bootable ISO that has everything and does the update pretty much automatically.

I am still working on the 1.9 release, but that should be done today, so I think latest tomorrow (Friday July 1st) you should be able to download the 1.9 release stuff - ROM files, ISO, source.

Enjoy!

Cheers
nicole

5 Likes

@nicole.faerber the huge booming noise from microphone when we speak on call with others still persist. Is that something work under progress? I thought you people might fix in the last EC release…

1 Like

I think that the audio distortion comes from built-in microphone picks up fan noise. The solution that I, and probably others are waiting, is to support external microphone supported.

Attention: @MrChromebox

1 Like

I don’t think MrChromebox is working for Purism anymore

if this is true, then it’s a big unfortunate loss …

Matt DeVillier is still listed on Purism’s team page, but his last activity at source.puri.sm was on June 30th, whereas his last activity on his personal Github page was on August 7th. Maybe MrChromebox is on vacation, but I’m getting worried that he quit Purism.