Librem 14 progress

Can anyone from purism provide an update on the progress if the Librem 14. Has design been finalized and orders placed to the manufacturer? Is it still on track to start shipping by October 2020?

4 Likes

Just got an email reply. Still on track for early Q4, which can only sensibly mean October

4 Likes

Push. Any new news?

This was posted on August 28, though it doesn’t mention specific dates.

2 Likes

I wish someone from purism responds with dates

1 Like

yep :slightly_smiling_face:

The most recent relevant comment that I have seen is: Blog Post: Librem 14 Progress – Hardware Development

Dates are a trap when you don’t have manufacturing in house. They have tried to give dates in the past and it has burned them.

Estimates are what you get until they have concrete dates to share.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the final renders of it, or an actual photo of it. The renders on the website are excellent, and I really hope we are able to stay as cool to those as possible.

1 Like

Yeah me too. They said they hoped to have one posted last week. It would be really nice to see some sort of progress for those who dropped $2k on a preorder. 2k isn’t chump change to everyone and it would have been nice to have received an email that the device would be later than initially anticipated. I’m sure they knew longer than 3 days before early Q4 started but I had to find out from a Reddit post. :confused:
I placed an order before I knew they were consistent in not meeting their expectations. I’d prefer they do what they are doing the right way and understand it takes time to do it right. Just my opinion.