Librem 14 screen resolution polls

By the way, fullHD screen resolution makes it harder to track you through fingerprinting, because most of (non-mobile) devices in the Internet now have this resolution. See also: https://panopticlick.eff.org/

3 Likes

Is it display going to be Pantone Validated? I would be glad to have such option (or at least to be aware of some display specs) when ordering L14 (with 2560Ɨ1440 option).

According to above reference there are three options to choose from (just for comparison within this thread):

ā€“ 14-inch Non-glare WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS-level panel, 60Hz, 100% sRGB, PantoneĀ® Validated, adaptive sync
ā€“ 14-inch Non-glare Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-level panel, 120Hz, 100% sRGB, PantoneĀ® Validated, adaptive sync
ā€“ 14-inch Non-glare Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-level panel, 60Hz, 100% sRGB, PantoneĀ® Validated

Perhaps the worst specs above might be the best one to get from Purism, if @kieran agrees. 120Hz version might drain battery relatively quickly but it is just nice to see such offer from ASUS.

Thatā€™s a good question but it just goes to show how difficult it is for a small company to keep everybody happy. I was happy with FHD and color fidelity isnā€™t of major importance for my needs. Other people doing other kinds of work may have completely different requirements.

In my opinion, for a laptop going out the door early in Q4 it may well be too late for changing the panel.

If in the future Purism were going to offer some kind of ā€œpremium displayā€ option for the Librem 14 then maybe, of the three options, choose the first option (higher res, Pantone Validated).

1 Like

@fsflover This will migrate over time, most likely to 4K, as phones and desktops inevitably chase the state-of-the-art in video. In other words, FHD will stick out like a sore thumb by 2025 or so.

if you go here and do a CTRL+F search (in Firefox) for ā€œTodd W.ā€ youā€™ll see a contribution mention ( i just donā€™t know how much it is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

by this i can assume that our benevolent dictator (@todd-weaver ) has at some point taken an interest in this. OR maybe iā€™m just too optimistic :sweat_smile:

i wouldnā€™t be so quick as to dismiss what Purism has in store for us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is of course possible that there is more than one person in the world whose name matches that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

something tells me that this is not the case here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Copy that. Good to know regarding the 2 possible external monitors! As for the build in Monitor that is the one that is part of the laptop is that a 60Hz screen? (as apposed to 144Hz)ā€¦

P.S. Thank you ;]

I donā€™t know. You might have to ask Purism directly.