Librem 14 w/Qubes - Recommended Dock?

I believe this topic has been brought up a time or two, but I don’t see any conclusive threads.

Can anyone recommend a dock for the Librem 14, especially with Qubes? Something that can handle, at least, USB-C charging, one HDMI out, audio in/out, and a handful of USB-A ports? One key thing is to avoid docks that use DisplayLink as the protocol for the external monitor. For one thing, DisplayLink sucks. For another, it’s difficult to get running in Qubes.

I’ve tried some cheap ones with limited success, and some Thunderbolt docks with no success (expected). Any thoughts?

Audio outputs of ITX01 work with PS5, Switch … but at first place please visit related Wiki page: Docking Station.

That looks like a single post from someone wondering the same thing…

I can’t find anything about the ITX01 working with Linux, let alone Qubes.

The linked “Docking Station” forum post seems to be entirely focused on the L5, not the L14.

I though this post listed one working dock.

MaAnt MY100-C 4-port USB-A hub might be just partial, yet quite reliable solution (when tested there). In addition and if extra power needed I’d recommend Chicony W12-010N3A (5 volt only input port related) having connected to the MY100-C USB-C power port, but any other 5V only PSU might be just enough to serve the purpose (meaning as well that none of QC2.0 or PD2.0 based power supplies useful with/for this USB-A hub).

Also and while I somehow understood that you do not need another Ethernet input, I voted (not even decided that I might get one, nor recommended it based of my sound related impedance preference) here for iKKO® ITX01 just while: “I only use Linux and I have noticed that the ITX01 requires me to reset the USB stack before I attach external storage drives, otherwise they simply don’t show up in the OS.

Ah, I see what you mean. I’ve got a similar travel hub to the one he mentions, and the HDMI isn’t overly reliable. Finding that specific one will be a headache since Lenovo basically just rebrands mass-market ones, and shuffles through them now and again.

1 Like

[quote=“Quarnero, post:7, topic:19190, full:true”]

MaAnt MY100-C 4-port USB-A hub might be just partial, yet quite reliable solution (when tested there). In addition and if extra power needed I’d recommend Chicony W12-010N3A (5 volt only input port related) having connected to the MY100-C USB-C power port, but any other 5V only PSU might be just enough to serve the purpose (meaning as well that none of QC2.0 or PD2.0 based power supplies useful with/for this USB-A hub).[/Quote]

It’s interesting that it does at least sort-of work, but that review is not exactly a ringing endorsement of the product for normal Linux, let alone Qubes.

The search goes on…