Librem 5 media (photos and videos)

I just grabbed a USB-C hub that I have bought to use with my laptop some time ago. See also https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/firmware-tps6598x-nonfree/-/blob/master/dp-alt-mode-adapters.org

4 Likes

Can the phone be used as touchpad when docked? Leaving the screen off but the touch sensor working?
Thanks for your posts
Wrong reply, I wanted to reply to @dos

3 Likes

That would be cool!

I’m curious though, can the phone’s screen still be used while docked?

Great. I added this question to the Community FAQ:
Can an HDMI monitor or TV be used with the Librem 5?

Since the community can’t add to this list in the source code, does anyone have a problem if I create a new page in the Community Wiki entitled “Tested Assessories” where people can list the hardware which they have tried to use with the Librem 5 and their results?

I’m thinking of the following sections:

• Monitors/TVs
  • USB-C to HDMI cables
  • USB-C hubs
  • Headphones
  • Keyboards
  • Mice
  • Other
7 Likes

There’s no such feature in phoc/phosh yet, but one could easily write an app that does it.

Not sure; it may need some driver work. Worst case we could leave the panel powered on and just turn off the backlight, I guess.

Yes. In fact currently some bugs even prevent you from turning it off while leaving the external screen on (but we’ll fix that :wink: )

8 Likes

️Lew Later talks about the Librem 5 (at 39:05):

6 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I think that the Planet Computers devices (based on MediaTek Helio chipsets) do: the USB-C to HDMI adapter seems to be a straight-through adapter with a male USB-C connector at one end, and a female HDMI connector at the other. I have tried a Lenovo adapter that supports DP USB-C alt mode with one of these devices, and that adapter doesn’t work.

1 Like

For mere mortals perhaps the only way to know for sure is if the software on the host side logs the negotiation of and change to altmode.

I agree that such a simple cable looks as if your claim could be true - and it is interesting that they suggest that this cable only works on one of the two USB-C ports - but that could also mean that the hardware is a complete non-standard hack.

3 Likes

seems like flashlight is working … not bad but how warm is that ‘white’ ? can somebody from Purism give us that info ? for me something between 3200 k and 5000 k would be the most welcome … or is that an RGB light ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It isn’t listed in the schematics, but it has to be a white LED, because it is controlled by the TI LM3560 which is designed for high-current white LEDs and doesn’t have RGB control. It provides 16 levels of brightness and can output up to 5V x 2A (10W) with a single LED.

4 Likes

if it did it would have made for a nice discombobulation tool (blue light 7000k + rapid strobe)

3 Likes

Where do I back the Discombobulation app? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

first a blunt weapon now a discombobulation tool ? every undercover-agent’s wet dream :rofl:

2 Likes

Please let this topic be about media, avoid off-topic.

4 Likes
10 Likes

For details see:

2 Likes