Librem 5 MMS Australia

Thanks for this info @nscomputing, Everything appears to be working!

1 Like

Thanks @stookie, everything appears to work as within a minute of entering the info you and @nscomputing gave me, I received notification of a few mms messages a friend sent last week, which came up as expired though. (on '1970-01-01 09:59).

Do you happen to know if I need to do anything to change the date (my phone time and date settings are correct for AEST though)?

Referencing your step 4, when Iā€™m at home I only use wifi on my L5, and so far, when Iā€™ve been out Iā€™ve turned off the kill switch for the wlan. So, my plan is to have mms set to on, and when Iā€™m out, only access the mobile internet if I need to.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just Unix base date/time expressed in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) i.e. a time value of 0 - but offset by 10 hours for the timezone difference between GMT and AEST.

Why it is then out by 1 minute is a mystery. So it is really a time value of -60 (seconds).

What that means in terms of MMS and expiry I donā€™t know.

Probably get your friend to send another MMS now that things are working on your end.

Hi Nico1
When I got MMS working on my Librem 5 I also got a lot of expired MMS messages
But now MMS is working fine for sending and receiving.
to set date time and syncing I used following commands, I have UBUNTU on my PC
But the commands also worked on the phone
To set the time to your specifications, use the following command:
Display Current Date and Time with timedatectl
In Terminal
To display the current time and date information, use the command:
timedatectl
Sync Time to NIST Atomic Clock
Set the Ubuntu system to synchronize to the NIST atomic clock with the following command:
sudo timedatectl set-ntp yes
How to Change the Date
Use the same command to define the date on the system:
sudo timedatectl set-time 2019-04-10
To set the time to your specifications, use the following command:
sudo timedatectl set-time 21:45:53

Hi
i would like to update the Purism Community Wiki on the settings to config the MMS for Librem 5 for Australia Telechoice and OPTUS sims.
Any thoughts if this is a good idea, or not. Is there a better place for this?
However even though I tried to register many times for the wiki I never get a confirmation email.
So I cannot do the update even if I wanted to.
Frank

@amosbatto

Yes, good idea. I suggest adding a column to: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/community-wiki/-/wikis/Cellular-Providers

Yes, upstream - so that Linux just works out of the box for that carrier.

1 Like

Hi @frank, Post the changes here that you want to add, and I (or somebody else) will add them to the community wiki.

PS: Who we can pester at Purism, so that new people can be added to edit the community wiki?

1 Like

I would ask @joao.azevedo

Also, welcome back.

Thanks Amos

Location Provider Bands provided Modem Calls VoLTE SMS Dataā€  MMS Notes Sources
Australia Telechoice LTE1800 (B3) 2600 (B7) 900 (B8) 700 (B28) BM818-T1 Yes ??? Yes Yes CHATS/Preferences/ SMS and MMS Settings SMIL for MMS ON CHATS/Preferences/ SMS and MMS Settings MMSC: http://mmsc.mdata.net.au:8003 APN: telstra.internet Proxy: 10.1.1.180 Settings/Mobile/Mobile Data ON Settings/Mobile/Access Point Names +(add new APN) Name: Telstra(next G) APN: telstra.internet (leave others blank) SIM activated only on a large display using a dock frankkolmann
Australia OPTUS LTE2100 (B1)1800 (B3) 2600 (B7) 900 (B8) 700 (B28) 2300(B40) BM818-T1 Yes ??? Yes Yes CHATS/Preferences/ SMS and MMS Settings MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/ APN: mms Proxy: 61.88.190.10:8070 Settings/Mobile/Moile Data ON Settings/Mobile/Access Point Names +(add new APN) Name: Optus MMS APN: mms (leave others blank) SIM activated only on a large display using a dock frankkolmann

Hi Amos. I had a thought. Perhaps you can apply to be a Wiki Administrator.

I added the two entries in the Cellular providers table. There isnā€™t room to add more columns, so I added the MMS info under the ā€œNotesā€ column.

If Purism gives you access to the community wiki, you can edit anything so effectively you become a wiki administrator. :slight_smile: Iā€™m guessing that Purism got so much spam, so they donā€™t want to add new people.

2 Likes

Looks good. Thank you Amos.

1 Like