Librem 5 — painpoint assessment 2021

humm, so they are shipping that to end users? As stable? Or as developer version?

As it was noted here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Phosh/phosh/-/merge_requests/934#note_1430658

That code is not yet finished.

1 Like

It came with a regular system update, but it’s manjaro (arch-based) so I suppose it’s a bit more bleeding-edge.

My point was that there was a specific request from the developers to distros of please not packaging that version because it was not yet complete :wink:

As in that has not yet been: finished nor released in an official version with a release tag.

2 Likes

Well… surprise!

1 Like

Bleeding-edge is fine, but Manjaro is often packaging our “experimental, with known issues, don’t use unless you’re a developer”-edge and shipping it to regular users…

Bug reports about top bar being visible on top of fullscreen apps incoming in 3… 2… 1… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

On the other hand, all the unwitting “testers’’” bug reports may help to some degree, I suppose…

1 Like

How did you solve this issue?

Thank you.

1 Like

If I remember correctly I had to set the keyring password once. Probably soon after first login. I set it to the same as my user password. The issue is not solved yet. I still have to provide the keyring password every time after first login after boot. One could ague that this is the correct behavior, because the login password and the keyring password are separate things.

Setting an empty password the keyring gets unloked at login without asking for a password … probably not the best from security point of view but much more convenient.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thank you :pray: