Librem14 battery bloated, laptop unusable. Alternatives battery sources outside the US?

Hi,

I’m a previously happy Librem14 who loved to support a company such as Puri.sm.
However, my laptops’ battery died / got bloated, shortly after the warranty period ended.

Apparently as a European customer it’s not possible to order a replacement battery from the US store.
Support indicated it might be possible to get it from their German support center in a few months. I sent support a reminder once in a while to ask for a follow up, however half a year later this has not happened yet. They could also not indicated how I could get a new battery otherwise.

As a consequence I have an unusable laptop for which I’m unable to get a spare part.
Which is highly frustrating, for a relatively expensive piece of hardware, that I used as my daily workhorse.

So my questions are:

1. Can anyone recommend where to buy a spare battery, e.g. directly in Shenzen, from Alibaba / Taobao? Or some other source?
  2. Wat is the reason Puri.sm is unable to ship batteries to Europe?
    I know there is necessary regulation for shipping dangerous goods. However the way I understood it, is that e.g. DHL accepts it with ‘pre-approval’, for which a company can sign up.
    Prohibited and counterfeit items not allowed to ship with DHL Express

Thanks,
A European Customer

3 Likes

Purism support using an RMA via out-of-warranty repair.

3 Likes

Hopefully @JCS will have an update for you soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve asked support for an out of warranty RMA.
Let’s see.

1 Like

I didn’t know that was still a thing. I remember from way back that there was talk about a European support center or shop or something or other, but that never materialized. So support did tell you about this a half year ago?

1 Like