LibreOffice not loading after update yesterday

Yes, I did try using the command line, and it didn’t make any difference for me. Editing the app armor looks interesting but I don’t think I am going to risk the headaches given a workaround (AppImage) that is already working for me.
And thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and information.

I was having the same issue for the past few days. I saw that there was an AppArmor update today so I upgraded and it seems to be working now!

To be clear, what I had done before is a complete uninstall of LibreOffice on my system ($ sudo apt purge libreoffice-common) and I have not tinkered with AppArmor or its profiles. I just upgraded after seeing the recent AppArmor update, then reinstalled LibreOffice from the repo.

$ sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
$ sudo apt install libreoffice-common --install-suggests -y
$ sudo apt install libreoffice-writer libreoffice-calc libreoffice-impress libreoffice-draw --install-suggests -y

Didn’t even need to uninstall LibreOffice, just did the sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y and it’s all working again! Thanks!

This issue does seem to be fixed after updating this morning.

@nochelibre, that apparmor-utils bug also seems to be fixed. The dependency was changed and I could install this package.

@Wayne Yes, it got fixed and I was also able to install the apparmor-utils package. Also fixed was the LibreOffice launch issue. Unfortunately, my Librem 15V3 just died tonight. I was working with it and suddenly it just powered off. First I thought maybe it was the battery and I had forgotten to plug in the charger, but the charger was plugged in. Not seeing the power light, I checked the voltage output on the charger and it was the specified 19VDC. Wiggling the connector gave no joy. Had to grab some backed-up files and fire up my trusty 12-year-old iMac running Lubuntu so I could come back here and then Email support. The saga continues. :slight_smile:

I saw app armor in the list of updates this morning and thought great! As usual, I selected restart and update. My librem restarted… but no automatic update! I manually opened a terminal window to sudo apt update &&… As soon as I started the update, the Software app woke up, oh yeah we have updates? At least the manual update did the trick, LibreOffice is back to working as normal.