Long Term use of PureOS

I’m using LUKS to encrypt drives. It’s been a while since I re-installed PureOS, sometime spring last year, but I had no issues with LUKS whatsoever. Image here shows what I selected during the installer:

Are there alternatives aside from leaving the disk unencrypted, which I don’t consider an alternative or an option?

1 Like

@pfm I agree. No encryption is a no go. In my case I have multiple partitions and cannot let the installer wipe the entire disk. I have posted on the bug https://tracker.pureos.net/T752 which is a few years old and marked high priority.

Understandable that you can’t erase the whole disk… this is strange, especially since you can’t really encrypt the partition afterwards. Sorry, I’m of no help here, hopefully somebody else has a solution.

yes LVM has problems when encryption is selected … tried with both PureOS-10-Byzantium GNOME LIVE and OEM and they presented the same error some time into the install process

will test again when the latest ISO drops sometime later this year … i would have an updated one quarterly if possible just to measure how much the installer improves and where the problems lie …

as might be expected Purism hardware will have a better chance at LESS problem encounters …