Microsoft Authenticator, Librem 5, and Security

The link shows but is difficult to read due to blue text. There was probably a button to copy it instead of opening it directly but I’m forgetting off the top of my head. Primarily my point was that it is functional, and has worked fine for me, if we look at it from an ease of use perspective rather than a security perspective.

This does not necessitate that all QR codes will work, but it means there is at least one case that will.

2 Likes

I know right. It was just a question that came up to me, thanks for replying.

1 Like

Seconded.

Unfortunately this is an app that, for now, remains on an old iPhone.

1 Like

It seems we really are stuck in the system with things like this. Most corporate jobs will require logging into some kind of usually Microsoft infrastructure. And yet they are ‘good boys’ in the eyes of the tech press with adding Linux to Windows etc a while back… But as an end user, one rooted in Apple, they did sh*tty things like removing the watch app for quickly tapping the authenticator number… I mean why have it, existing and working then remove it… If I stay on Apple, I can’t wait to completely ditch Authenticator for its upcoming password manager app.

1 Like

So far, I’ve been able to take a hard stance of, “If you want me to use a phone for work, then you provide the phone.”

7 Likes

They provide me with one, a £150 Samsung but I’ve always put their sim in my iPhone and used the ‘esim’ for my personal number to avoid me having to carry their Android phone as I don’t want Google spyware in my pocket

1 Like