MNT Reform, IMX8M and Librem5

Hah! I’m on the “reserve list” (whatever that means) for a Mycroft Mark 2, and recently emailed them for an update. They came back all apologetic about delays, but I was all like “whoa, I’ve bought a Librem 5. I KNOW how to wait”

2 Likes

There have been a lot of updates about the MNT Reform on mastodon:

Seel also this MNT Reform March 2021 Production Update: https://mntre.com/media/reform_md/2021-03-07-reform-production-update-mar-2021.html

2 Likes

On the crowsupply page where you can order the MNT Reform, it currently says:
“Orders placed now ship May 18, 2021.”

So it’s been a few months, have you gotten your MNT Reform? Any thoughts to share?

No, not yet.

The latest news I saw was this:

So that said “~10 weeks to catch up”

Logged in to the crowdsupply page again now to check my MNT Reform order details there, that now looks like this:

“Originally estimated to ship on Dec 09, 2020
Currently estimated to ship on Sep 29, 2021”

The “Currently estimated to ship” date shown there has been pushed forward continuously, always indicating that it’s supposed to ship within something like 1-4 weeks from the current date. Then as the date arrives, the estimate is moved forward.

Here https://www.crowdsupply.com/mnt/reform it now says “Orders placed now ship Dec 09, 2021.”

3 Likes

MNT just posted an update a couple of days ago saying all crowd funded orders have shipped. Have you gotten yours yet? I’m curious how this CPU does for laptop use, and the few videos I can find only show things like loading a static webpage.

Edited since Discourse yet again failed to mark this as a direct reply: @Skalman

1 Like

No, not yet. But my order does not count as a “crowd funded order”, mine is a regular order that was placed after the crowdfunding ended, I guess.

I am hoping it will arrive before Christmas. Which is the same thing I hoped for a year ago, only then I was hoping for Christmas 2020, now hoping for Christmas 2021. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s a pretty detailed review of the MNT Pocket here: This laptop was MADE to be HACKED! - Invidious

I’ve been lightly interested in the MNT devices but finding coverage on them is very difficult so this was refreshing to see.

2 Likes