[MyL5] Discovering L5 > :)

You can add the flathub repo using this command in the terminal:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

Also, this general L5 community wiki may be helpful to you:

1 Like

Once the flathub repo is installed, you will be able to search for and find lots of flatpaks. In fact, you’ll see some applications with two versions: pureos and flatpak. One may work better on the L5 than the other, so you’ll just have to try them out.

thanks , installed flathub and installed example songrec via terminal (flatpak install songrec) and it works well… but is there another posebility to install progs?
If i go via browser on flathub and tap install of any prog, the file is downloaded in home and nothing else? a little bit confused

Use the PureOS store app. Now that you have the flathub repo installed, flatpaks can be found simply by searching a flatpak name (use the magnifying glass icon, then type the name of the flatpak you want). No need to download from a browser.

1 Like

when i type “firefox” on mainscreen(searchapps) nothing, the same in Pureosstore typingfirefox in searchfield no app found ? whats going wrong ?

sudo apt install firefox-esr in terminal should work

1 Like

yes i know, but the question is, why doestnt it work in Purestore?

1 Like

I believe PureOS store only contains those Debian apps that are “imported” into PureOS. Actually “Firefox-ESR” is there, too, but it’s called “Iceweasel,” which was named that way by Debian back in the day when there might have been a trademark conflict with Mozilla. (Somebody correct me if I’m wrong.)

So in PureOS store, if you search for Iceweasel you should find it, and actually the package is, in essence, Firefox-ESR.

You should also be able to install regular Firefox from the terminal, but I don’t think it will be adaptive to a small, touch-interface screen like the L5.

Firefox-ESR, aka Iceweasel, does work pretty well on the L5, though.

By the way, back to the topic of flatpaks, once you have flathub installed, the flatpaks will be mixed together with the native pureos-amber apps, which is why you may see two results for the same app in your searches. Tap on either one to see whether it is a flatpak or native app.

That search box only finds installed items.

1 Like

I have both of those - the square one is problematic, but the rectangular one works perfectly fine.

2 Likes

You don’t need to run any command. It happens automatically.

@Skalman was just directing you to the command that you could use to verify that it is happening correctly automatically. The Librem 5 should be just like any vanilla Linux computer, which is why I can answer about the “metric” field even though I am still waiting for my dock to arrive in the post (nothing to do with Purism).

As an example, on my regular computer if I turn on the WiFi, but with the ethernet still plugged in, I get two default gateways, both going to the same IP address (my router). The wired interface has metric 100, the WiFi interface has metric 600. Lower is better i.e. the metric is really a “cost” field. These metric numbers are coming up automatically. I haven’t configured anything to get those values. The result is that any traffic going to the internet will go via the ethernet, not via the WiFi.

(I also get two routes to the local LAN, again with the same metrics. So any traffic going to the local LAN will go via the ethernet, not via the WiFi.)

I’m using the route command but the concept is the same. The above comments are mainly directed at IPv4 but IPv6 is basically the same as far as this particular aspect goes.

1 Like

Did you already rate your UX here?

Hallo, I received my hub today (greencell AK61). The lan works, unfortunately the HDMI transmission is faulty. On the monitor the background of the L5 appears but scaled wrong. When I go to “ScaleScreen” and select “max dpi”, a piece of the image appears at the edge of the monitor. If I then switch to “Landscape”, the image is visible in full, but only on a section of the monitor. It does not fill the entire screen. mmmmh what is going wrong?
tapping the “undocked” no reaction
Translated with www.DeepL.com/

Do you already flashed the usb-c firmware to v2.0?

my system is up to date and so i assume that the firmware is also up to date.
If not, how do I bring the firmware up to date… as I said, my linuxhack are a bit dusty

1 Like

This may be the problem … it has not recognised that you are docked. I have no idea what conditions need to be met for that.

Let see what the terminal is saying: sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tps6598x/0-003f/customer_use

thats when i connect the hub to my laptop and >lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 147e:1000 Upek Biometric Touchchip/Touchstrip Fingerprint Sensor
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:0158 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB 2.0 multicard reader
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1e7d:2c2e ROCCAT
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Roccat is mouse. ???Bus 3 or 4 the Hub ? semed no
If i connect the Hub to L5 and start the command sudo cat/… command not found
an then the L5 is frosen only > hard restart
That is lsusb on L5

whis the connected hub

when i connect the Hub to the L5, after a minute the Phone began to beep and only restart ends the beep???