[MyL5] Discovering L5 > :)

Unfortunately, the only way to change the color tone of the flash LED is to solder on a different LED. It is controlled by the TI LM3560 which is designed for high-current LEDs and doesn’t have any color control. It provides 16 levels of brightness and can output up to 5V x 2A (10W) with a single LED.

4 Likes

which raises the question as to how the user can control the brightness of the torch - or even determine what the default brightness level is.

2 Likes

Hello, I have found the following docking stations. the one has additional ethernet, I can also direct the connection instead of wifi in the L5 ??
https://greencell.global/de/startseite/2365-adapter-hub-usb-c-green-cell-6in1-usb-3-0-hdmi-ethernet-usb-c-auf-apple-macbook-dell-xps-asus-zenbook-und-andere.html

https://greencell.global/de/hub-usb-c/1954-dockingstation-adapter-hub-usb-c-hdmi-adapter-green-cell-7-ports-fur-macbook-pro-dell-xps-lenovo-x1-carbon-und-andere.html#specification

There is an open issue for this:

2 Likes

If that was a question: it will most likely be automatic via the “metric”.

yes it was a question…but i do not understand what that is>

??metric??

If you run the ip route command, you will see a list of routes, if you have several Internet connections (for example via wifi and cellular and ethernet) then you probably see one line for each of them, and on each such line there is some info including the IP address and a “metric” value that can be used to decide priority among the different possible routes.

1 Like

okay i understand but why running ip route if, when i have the choise of ether… its always preferable… or i am going wrong

i am new in Gnome and i never listend about flatpak :innocent: i read in the ubuntu wiki a lot but i d not understand how to install prog via flatpak for example “songrec” ??? :thinking:

Can you look in the software app, and check Software Repositories (under the menu in the top right corner), and see if Flathub is installed as a repo?

If it is, then just use the search function (magnifying glass in the top left corner) to search for Songrec.

software-app is pureosstore? If not there is no icon for software or repos or a magnifying glass :frowning:

Yes, it is.

arrrg i am blind

but there is no flathub only amber

You can add the flathub repo using this command in the terminal:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

Also, this general L5 community wiki may be helpful to you:

1 Like

Once the flathub repo is installed, you will be able to search for and find lots of flatpaks. In fact, you’ll see some applications with two versions: pureos and flatpak. One may work better on the L5 than the other, so you’ll just have to try them out.

thanks , installed flathub and installed example songrec via terminal (flatpak install songrec) and it works well… but is there another posebility to install progs?
If i go via browser on flathub and tap install of any prog, the file is downloaded in home and nothing else? a little bit confused

Use the PureOS store app. Now that you have the flathub repo installed, flatpaks can be found simply by searching a flatpak name (use the magnifying glass icon, then type the name of the flatpak you want). No need to download from a browser.

1 Like

when i type “firefox” on mainscreen(searchapps) nothing, the same in Pureosstore typingfirefox in searchfield no app found ? whats going wrong ?

sudo apt install firefox-esr in terminal should work

1 Like