New Post: App Showcase: Password Safe

If you mean from password manager perspective - yes. If you don’t manage passwords explicitly and just rely on autofill (libsecrets) - then it’s just ‘that thing that stores and fills all your passwords for you’

It also store Wifi passwords, provides an ssh agent,… so it does all kinds of interesting things even if you don’t have seahorse installed at all.

2 Likes

on the L5 at least i assume most people ARE going to use some form of GUI-front-end since doing it from the CLI is a pain currently … unless you use the L5 in convergence mode with a dock + keyboard + mouse

Well, for instance wifi passwords are handled through the networkmanager/gnome-settings gui.

On a related note, I just discovered that the version of gnome-passwordsafe in amber phone is 3.99 which is very old and very slow. The current 5.0 is way snappier.

Purism will hopefully flash the L5s shipping in a few months time to Byzantium instead of Amber so people who ordered 2018 and later will get their phones with up-to-date security/privacy software …

if NOT then i’ll flash mine to Byzantium (or newer) when i get mine …