No more WiFi after today OS update

As byzantium is currently in development, while it may be undesirable to the end user, shouldn’t it not be expected that things may break? WiFi in particular as the driver/firmware is an area that is under active development at the moment.

I am running the system purely as downloaded from Purism and I have no problems with WiFi. But WiFi will not start after reboot - I have to switch off the phone for a while.

Strange that Wlan is not working with some user. I have 2 Evergreen and both work very very well BUT my both L5 has PureOS raw, i do not moved or changed anything on the systems. At the moment i am not using both L5 because i need Byzantium at minimum and one cover case. Librem 5 will work & look beautiful when reach gnome-40-gtk4.
The other day i was reading some docs of the L5-WlanBT driver, then i see that L5 can not work with wi-fi at 40 mhz wide band, i still not tested if 40 mhz not work at the moment on L5, maybe this info can help at some user with wlan troubles.
Also if the HKS wear fast the wifi can be troubled, i hope that the Purism HKS buttons are professional to prevent wear on long use it.

1 Like

That may mean … not working with a 40 MHz channel width in the 2.4 GHz band. It works fine with a 40 MHz channel width in the 5 GHz band.

2 Likes

Which docs do you mean here? Can you give a link and a line number or something?

1 Like

Maybe you need to followings this step, to finally fix the WLAN_BT on your L5: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/linux-next/-/issues/264#note_155631

1 Like