OpenPGP card: Waiting for the first reader

I do not have a libccidtwin.bak file. Why should I remove the file libccidtwin if it only contains lines starting with the # sign?

Just for clean up, because libccidtwin it is an obsolete file, then just leave librem5 file.

Btw. a small side question:
Will a OpenPGP Smartcard V3.4 like this work with Librem 5?
Or do I need OpenPGP Smartcard V2.1 or the Purism card?
https://en.cryptoshop.com/products/smartcards/cryptographic-smart-cards/open-pgp-smartcard-v3-4-id-000.html

1 Like

I think the card will work.

I have to admit, that I didn’t saw any reason to remove the file libccidtwin as it only contains comments. But I did so a day ago and since then the access to the card is stable. The daemon pcscd has some kind of threaded architecture and maybe just the fact that there is an additional file, even without any real data, disturbs it.

1 Like

Hi! I bought a used Librem 5 and just flashed it to Byzantium.
gpg --card-status delivers the no device found error message.
What would you advise me as next steps to do in order to bring the smart card reader to work?
I am asking it separately despite of all of the info above because I am a little bit confused on what to do when I have a fresh byzantium.
And an additional small question - will it matter if the smart card is inside the reader during these fixes? I have planted it from the beginning in oder to avoid placing it in and out several times.

With up to date byzantium, all you need is to install pcscd.

1 Like

Just a short confirmation - it worked! Thank you!
Step 1: Fresh Byzantium
Step 2: install pcscd
Step 3: reboot (not sure it was needed, but I did it just in case.

1 Like

Reboot shouldn’t be strictly needed, but can be helpful, as you may need to kill scdaemon in case it got launched before installing pcscd.

I am trying to make use of my openpgp card, and I have Byzantium, while not fresh, it is stable, etc. I have pcscd installed. I did reboot. I deleted [quote=“carlosgonz, post:20, topic:15189”] ‘libccidtwin’[/quote] and left librem5 in place. I had to add the “TTXS serial” language as something else was in for the FRIENDLYNAME.

But, I still get the same error message ‘No such device’, etc? What am I missing?