Pure OS won't run

I suspected as much with the wifi card. If you could send the link it will save me some hunting which I’d appreciate. Thanks heaps.

Here are some quick steps I wrote for adding the non-free repo. I wrote them in the context enabling Bluetooth on Librems, so the last step of installing firmware-atheros might not be relevant, but if you know which wifi card you have, I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find which package you need to install.

I wish I had known that when I was setting up my PureOS VM. That sounds like the issue I had.

Thanks for the tip re drivers. I have put this away now for later reference. I honestly don’t think I’ll be changing over to Pure OS for the moment. I have been giving it a run in the past couple of days and there’s just not enough ‘wow factor’ for me to set up three pcs for. I will purchase their laptops however as I read a great comparison of Pure and System 76 elsewhere and Pure have features that appeal to me.

I will also commend the Pure support where I have also been asking a few questions that have been answered promptly and politely. The whole feel of Pure and their goals resonant nicely with me.

I have achieved what I set out to happen, I have OS working now in VM and one laptop which I’ll investigate further. But thanks everybody who helped. Great community. Pure are doing good things. Living in Australia where we have the worlds most invasive privacy laws makes these endeavours all the more important and crying out for support.

Now to order my Librem 5!