My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 920. It’s a Windows Phone 8 phone (I know…), and I’m very much looking forward to replacing it with a Linux alternative. However, I wish to know how the Librem 5 specs would compare, and how much of an upgrade it would be.
The Nokia Lumia 920 specs are (according to Wikipedia):
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960
- CPU: 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 225
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 32 GB internal flash
- Battery: Rechargeable BP-4GW 2000 mAh Lithium polymer battery.
- Display: 4.5" IPS LCD, 1280x768 at 332 ppi, 16.7M colours, 60 Hz, 15:9.
I know nothing about phone specs. So while I can easily understand how the Librem 5’s 3 GBs of RAM would compare to the current 1 GB that I have now, I have absolutely no idea about the CPU, GPU, SoC, battery, display, etc.
My current phone is 7 years old, so naturally I would expect quite a significant upgrade. However, I understand that the Librem 5 might not be completely up-to-date in terms of performance due to some of the decisions made to protect privacy. So I’m just wondering how much of an upgrade there will actually be.
Any thoughts? Thanks.